Sunday 19 May 2013

"Just how difficult is it to find someone to marry???

If there is one question I have asked before,and I have been asked many times is 'How did you know your hubby was the one??My one liner is 'I just knew it'..if you go ahead and ask me to explain..be sure il take an hour of your time to break it down...That's a topic i can write n write n write.n also talk n talk n talk about.story for another day...The other day a close pal of mine sent me a text saying she's read my blog,she likes n she is awaiting for the next blog entry,I texted back thanking her and informing her..lol informing..yes i did that,I informed her that the next blogpost should be from her.She is a lady I know very well,very wise,she stays out of town but I call her for wisdom on some random things(Those one's for i need wisdom here n now)She always comes through, you'd think she's my mama..so I was sure,will have an awesome read...without further Ado..here goes..




I’ve been wondering about something lately; just how difficult is it really to find someone to marry? I mean, some people have done it twice, some even three times in one lifetime. Then again, some people have died trying.

I’ve heard many single people say how they wish finding a soul mate was as easy for them as it was for Adam and Eve… I probably thought like that too at some point in my singlehood. The whole earth had only one man and one woman. It doesn’t get any more obvious than that. Adam would have fingered Eve out all by himself, and yet God made it even easier by putting Eve in plain sight of Adam as he woke up from his slumber…. Ta-dah! But then Adam and Eve ‘got busy’ and now there are billions of human beings on earth, yet God expects us to choose only one. How is this even remotely possible? How can anyone be sure who the right one is? 

In many ways things have changed since Eden, but in one especially major way, things remain the same. The earth’s population has increased exponentially, but God remains God and trusting Him never grows old! Adam trusted God to bring him the best, and when God brought Eve, Adam was blown away, totally and completely overwhelmed! All he could say was “THIS IS IT!!!! *inserthappydancehere*” (Okay, so maybe that’s what I think he would have said today J)

I remember deciding to trust God for a husband. I figured God knew who is right for me and in His time He would bring us together. It wasn’t easy. The world still had billions of ‘potentials’ in it. Sometimes, I ran ahead of God and decided that I knew exactly who He wanted me to marry… I was SO wrong! Other times, I was horrified when a guy I wasn’t attracted to at all showed interest in me… what if God decided he was the one? Ugh! Well, turns out it wasn’t any of those guys either (phew!) When God finally brought my husband along, it was an Adam and Eve moment (okay, maybe not so dramatic). I knew “this is it!” Was I as excited as Adam? No way! I should have been, but I was mortified… Anyway, that’s a story for another blogJ. Bottom line, God brought me what was good.

Let me finish with the words of Joshua Harris in his book “Boy Meets Girl”:
“When the Maker brings your husband, you’ll be aware that it is He who made you for each other and He who planned your meeting. And in that moment, just as we did [Adam and Eve] you’ll want to sing a song of praise to Him.
“When you know in your heart that you’ve found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, forever can’t start soon enough.”


2 comments:

  1. :) actually this is what I wanted to call you about. We will always wonder why cant there be a mark on the face on the man we should/must marry. we end up confused sorta :), but true, when arrives, the heart, the mind, the spirit are in agreement with God, man and self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes lady..as long as we are sober n not desperate..we will surely know..I'll wait your"how id i know he was the one story!!;;tsk

    ReplyDelete