Sunday 29 December 2013

CA-MA-RA-DE-RIE

noun: 
1.
mutual trust and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together.
"a genuine camaraderie on the hockey team"

 camaraderie [ˌkæməˈrɑːdərɪ]n a spirit of familiarity and trust existing between friends

I remember in high school when i first learned this word.tihihi i had to force it into one of my compositions and used it wrongly and lets just say the teacher i wanted to impress was impressed Not.muhaha.  ,Another word was pandemonium..tihihi,hee story for another day with my wordiness.if there is such a word


.....With like 3more nights to the beginning of a new year,most of us take time out and come up with a long list of the new year's resolutions,the year that was n what have yous,I must admit this was quite the year for me,sure enough all the years have been and will always be quite the years to some degree,a few things that keep popping up when i think of this past year is how yani the hubs and i  were involved in a car jacking incident, never thought i would ever be a victim.it was like drama like video,some 3guys just chomokad from the woods with guns,sema kutetemeka,the best we could do was cooperate,they were "hungries",they ripped us off all we had at that point,our wedding bands sob sob,i have been putting on fake engagement n wedding bands since then,the next ones sijui will be insured,this life can be tough.they even took my studs.who does that?and my hubbies awesome boots...gwosh,yes they took our all and run back into the woods,no they did not take the car.and it was 3pm on a Saturday afternoon,sun over head!.we were together with a friend in his car..I'm sure they sold our  stuff bei ya penny mbili,like 2bob.that story brings Sad memories....I never knew how traumatizing such an incident can get until i was a victim,it took us a while to deal with that story,we were almost becoming paranoid,scrutinizing a mat before boarding ,reconfirming our door is locked like 5 times..It wasn't easy,but we overcame.what was my topic again??ca ma ra de rie?yes relationships/friendships I have never really understood why this friendship vybes come out during trouble..are human beings needy above all else??i don't know."Adversity has a funny way of showing you who your friends are (and truth be told, who your friends are not) - The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. - Ulysses S. Grant".at this point in time a few of our buddies had heard of what cut and they drove straight to the police station where we were,we dint have phones but we had managed to make one two phone calls with a borrowed phone.There is this pal who happended to be in the know and managed to make it to the police station,dude si he sorted us out,he came carrying his extra phone,went and bought us simcards to replace the stolen ones,bought us lunch,helped me with his sweater and gave us some cash too.*who even thinks like that*.hee we were moved by his heart,please note we are pals but not ati pals for over here(pointing to the heart).his kindness ministered to us big time..Another pal of ours also had arrived with her extra phone..si people have extra phones..at the end of it all hubs and i had phones,replaced simcards,and the money to sort us out atleast for a few days as all the cash in our wallets was no more,no id,no atm......our house keys were in my designer bag that those stupid thieves had taken,so there was no way were were gonna get into that digs that night,we spent the night at our best couples place n left next day morning,.long story short we finally got into our humble aboard.no ATM/id/rings/no keys..Now that we were back to the mtandao,we hollad at a guy to come break our lock,he charged us like a k to do that..si i caused.tell me how we would have achieved that if our lovely people hadn't volunteered to sort us with some cash,coz at that point i hadn't even though that we will need any cash!What would we do without friends.!!!.My greatest take home for this year has been friendships,real friendships.recently i had come from a bible study that i attend with a few of my married friends,we call it wives bs.sema umama.so i left with one of my pals n the pact was that she would drop me off at yaya then i catch a jav to tao.the next thing i knew we had pulled over at kile police station hitting vybe..the next few minutes i was at her house drinking tea,and we were both like "what happened to us?,friendships changed,we don't have randomness any more, randomness for i have just come to your hao to visit.sijui we have to plan for months before executing.there's something about spontaneity that rocks in friendships/fellowship.
it’s the true comradery we are lacking and greatly need. I know technology has given us many conveniences we wouldn’t normally have,but its killed the authenticity of real friendships where you meet someone and they tell you"sorry for what happened,i saw it on fb..6months later..or congrats i saw the photos on fb..btw,nkt to y'all who are fond of that..see it on fbk n follow up with a phone call if need be.personally,i am tired of fake friendships  and friends who are only there when they need stuff from you,we even have user friends,those that will hang around coz of what you can offer.In 2013 i have experienced my fair share of friendships whereby i have broken my back for friends and later learned they don't "break backs for others and also cannot use their airtime to find out how you are doing, then id go home and start wailing for hubby..I wail no more though,i have learnt to say no,#iKent.i have learned to manage my expectations with people..sorry,yet again i digress....

True friendship/fellowship is where people Instead  talk of their trials, tribulations, share victories, and pray together for themselves/their families ,wives husbands and children,work.,(arzin real prayers,not those ones for,i will pray for you and you don't)(if you do that,stop,when you say you'll pray just do it)true friendship involves  vulnerability and a bearing of each others soul.reckless abandonment like that for a super star.(this i like)the way a superstar really trusts a wild crowd and throws self without caring(id want to do that one day,my husband would tell you how that fascinates me n id instantaneously love a movie that has such a scene).i digress.  A place where the other ladies would say, “Oh girl I’ve been there… this is what turned my marriage around or this is how I better loved my children.”or this is how i manage/made it/do it//..you get what  I'm saying??We easily get caught up in our oh soo busy lives and forget the most important things,My resolution from a lesson well learned in 2013..is to "CHOOSE MARY MOMENTS IN A MARTHA WORLD"
a toast to better meaningful and real friendships in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment